>>•apple•<< season!! I love this time of year!! 🍁 Apple Picking • Pumpkin Picking • Warm Colors • Cozy Hot Drinks! As the temp drops, we tend to head towards the warmer foods!
I have an AMAZING recipe that is perfect to eat for breakfast, as a side dish to a dinner or just a warm healthy dessert!
It tastes just like warm apple pie filling 🍏🥧🍏 INGREDIENTS:
(2) Green Apples
(2) Small Sweet Potatoes (or one large one)
Bag of Frozen Cranberries
Seas Salt& Cinnamon (to taste)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut up apples in cubes, peel and cut both the pear and the sweet potatoes
3. In a baking dish cover bottom with a thin layer of coconut oil
4. Place frozen cranberries in a strainer and run under water for a few minutes
5. Take sweet potatoes and cover the bottom of dish (keeping roughly half to the side to do a future layer)
6. Follow with half of your apples and pears. Then add a few cranberries.
7. Sprinkle a little sea salt and cinnamon to taste.
8. Follow steps 5-7 until all is finished and you have layers of sweet potatoes • apples • pear • & cranberries
9. On the top do a few dollops of coconut oil along with more salt and cinnamon and sprinkle some lemon juice
10. Place in oven for about 45min covered.
11. Check on dish and when you can put a fork in the sweet potatoes it’s good to go! Remove from oven and can keep cover on for a few minutes or take off.
This dish will be very hot, let it stand for a minute. I like to make extra and keep in the fridge, heat up in the microwave for a few minutes to warm up for a cold morning or for a healthy dessert option. It’s a really nice side dish for Thanksgiving! Healthy and good for the soul ;) .
#nutritioncoach #healthandwellness #healthcoach #cleaneating #organiceating #healthyfallfoods #ilovethistimeofyear #paleo #wholefoods #foodismedicine #healthylife #awakenyourhealing #mindbodysoul #saratogany #capitalregion #albanyny
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings: