The word "cravings" gets a bad rap. Cravings are usually associated in a negative light, negative comments, and negative feelings. However did you know that cravings can actually benefit us?
Its true! Cravings actually can tell us soo much more about our physical, mental, and emotional health! In actuality cravings are signals your body is telling you.
These cravings, and craving types can be telling you critical information about your health. The next time you have a craving for something specific, stop and recognize something going on in your life.
1. Personal Life: where are you in your relationships, finances, career, self-image? If one of these life essentials are out of balance, we can tend to turn to food for our entertainment. Sometimes food is used as a reward, or to help us feel better about ourselves.
2. Are you dehydrated? What has your water consumption been for the day? For the week? A lack of water can send a message to the body to trigger a sign similar to hunger. Try drinking a glass of water next time you feel that hunger strike.
3. Certain foods can have a yin-yang balancing effect. Ever notice that feeling of wanting salty after a sweet food?
4. A taste so good you continue to crave it days after consumption. Foods can actually have the ability to stay on the tongue for up to three days!! What does that mean? After eating chocolate, ever feel like you want more and more? The taste of chocolate can sit on your tongue longer making you want more and more. Try using a tongue scrapper before brushing your teeth. This will help with removing those particles.
5. Are the seasons changing? If so, we can crave different foods different times of the year depending on what type of nutrients our body needs at that time. Sometimes our bodies prepare and adjust for the upcoming season.
6. Are you lacking critical nutrients? Your body is telling you what you need! Try slowing down and listen to yourself and what you are lacking.
7. Hormones! Hormones play a HUGE role in what is going on internally. Especially for women as we head thru our cycles. Pay attention to how you are feeling and watch what you put into your body during these times. Avoid the sugars, salts, some dairy, and processed foods.
8. Are you feeling anxiety? Anxiety can cause a lot of extra stress on the body, pushing it to feel the need to want more food. When you are in a high anxiety time avoid sugar and caffeine at all costs!
#nutritioncoach #healthandwellness #healthcoach #cleaneating #cravings #integrativenutrition #organiceating #eatyourveggies #wholefoods #foodismedicine #healthylife #selfcare #stressmanagement #awakenyourhealing #mindbodysoul #holistichealing #upstateny #saratogany #capitalregion #albanyny
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings: